Friday, November 11, 2011

Adding color

Sorry for the massive delay in blogging. But, for those who do not know, we are actually in the house now. We moved in the first week of may, the same week I (Jenn) went back to work. We were without a phone or internet for several months. Once we got that techy stuff done, we could not find the cable for the camera and were also way to busy to blog. As most of you know, I was working 2 jobs from mid August until the end of October. Now, I have a card reader and time...so here come the updates, whether you want them or not!

Going back in time, you can see the paint job first. The top photo is Sianna's room, a raspberry ice like pink. with the main "white" of the house. Sianna's room has since turned into the bedroom for both the girls. They decided that they wanted to be together, which is good, as the other room has a flat roof and we noticed gets much more wam in the summer. Now that it is winter, it gets the least amount of sun light and remains the coldest!
So, what was to be, Olivia's room, is now the playroom. It is a soft lavendar with white...and is generally a disaster area these days. I did find a very cool lamp from RICE, and will get a "done" photo in due time. Gotta keep you wanting more...
Here is our "short" wall in our bedroom, it is a darker beige/ khaki color. I like how it turned out, but feel the same about it as I do with the other colors. They all would have looked better had they been teamed with the WHITE that I chose, not the crap we ended up with. Basically, the architect had told our painter the "custom" color he likes to use...the painter went and got it, rather then listening to the home owners who kept saying that it was too yellow. I even had a paint sample of what I wanted. Supposedly he took it to be "lightened" up, but trust me... it is yellowish. The reason I don't like it is that the exposed wooden beams were white washed and the cool tone looks crappy next to the warm tone. It is not uniform. Also, yellowish whites always look dingy to me, and we have very small windows for natural light.

But, below you can see the sink and the tile work on the wooden counter that was made for the downstairs bath. This came out nice, and the pinkish plastering that Sianna chose looks great. It has variations in color and depth to it when you look at it.



Here is a peak from the kitchen with the arched door and the interior arch in the bathroom. We still need a mirror and light fixture, but it is usable....I will find a photo of the faucet...


No comments: