Friday, November 12, 2010

Sianna's Veranda

As you know, we decided to save as much of the original tile from the old house as possible. The tile workers have been cleaning them off and getting them in shape, and now they have been happily installed onto Sianna's veranda...which will also be where we hang the clothes to dry. I have to applaud the tile guys, as theirs is a really tough job. First to clean off all those tiles, then measure everything out and cut them down and then place them...the saw alone was so loud that I could not be in this room for more then 5 minutes.
The only mess up we had was when they were doing the border. Apparently, they were nailing in a line to make sure that the tiles would be even and straight, and they hit a water pipe. I am so glad I was not there. Supposedly everything was fixed, and I love how the veranda turned out. Laundry is a thankless chore, so make it nicer for yourself by supplying a stunning view to Psiloritis, the highest peak in the White Mountains, and some funky tile.
Now the veranda only needs lights. Yes, exterior lighting is one of my new quests. We have gone to Iraklion, and throughout Chania. I have combed the internet and still have not gotten anywhere. If it is affordable, there is always a part of it I don't like. If it is perfect, it is 100-300 euro or dollars per light! I now know why everyone has the same lighting outside their homes here...they gave up! Well, Alex and I are determined to find the lights that will play off the copper gutters and the oldish /new blue doors. Any suggestions...please send them our way.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: